May 9, 2019
Share this post:
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta, dry
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups spinach
- 4 cups low-fat low-sodium cottage cheese
- 8 tablespoons egg whites, large
- 8 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 2/3 cups tomato sauce, not canned
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta per package directions.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Halve tomatoes and place in skillet. Cook, stirring for 4 to 5 minutes until tomatoes begin to soften. Add spinach and cook and additional 1 to 2 minutes until wilted. Set vegetables aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg whites, vegetables, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, nutmeg, parsley and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well. Fold in cooked pasta and tomato sauce.
- Place cheese pasta mixture in baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook pasta for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Divide ziti among 4 serving plates.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbs||63 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||140 %|
|Vitamin C||100 %|
Find this recipe and many more in your Meal Plan Map recipes section!