Blackened Snapper with Veggie Bean Salsa
February 16, 2019
Share this post:
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons black beans, cooked
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon original blend salt-free seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces snapper fillets
- Chop tomato, cucumber and cilantro finely. Mix with black beans in a small bowl. Season with lime juice. Set aside.
- Combine paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, salt-free seasoning, oregano and thyme in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip snapper in seasoning mix. Place in skillet. Cook until coating is blackened, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Gently turn fish over and cook another 3 to 5 minutes, until snapper flakes easily with a fork.
- Place on serving plate and top with vegetable bean salsa.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Find this recipe and many more in your Meal Plan Map recipes section!