Broiled Cumin Pork Chop With Pumpkin Risotto
October 31, 2018
Share this post:
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 ounces lean pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 onion
- 3/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 3/4 cup brown rice, dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salad dressing, vinaigrette, fat free
- Preheat broiler or grill. Rinse pork and pat dry. Mix pepper, garlic and cumin together and rub over pork.
- Broil pork approximately 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until inside is no longer pink.
- Chop onion.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Combine onion, oil and nutmeg in a saucepan; stir often over high heat until onion is limp – about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little bit of the chicken broth until smooth. Add cornstarch slurry to saucepan with remaining broth, wine, pumpkin and rice. Stir mixture over high heat until boiling; once boiling reduce heat to medium and simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes until liquid is almost all absorbed. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Mix greens with tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing.
- To serve, place 1 pork chop on each plate with half of the rice. Serve with equally divided salad.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbs||69 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||140 %|
|Vitamin C||45 %|
Find this recipe and many more in your Meal Plan Map recipes section!