Easy Southwestern Chicken
October 8, 2018
Share this post:
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup brown rice, dry
- 3 1/2 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 1/2teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup low-sodium black beans
- 1/3 cup yellow corn, frozen
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon vinegar & oil homemade salad dressing
- Prepare rice with water according to package directions.
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken strips in skillet for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Stir in seasoning mix, drained beans, corn, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is lightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, wash tomato and cut into thin slices. Arrange on a plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice with tomato slices on the side.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbs||70 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
Find this recipe and many more in your Meal Plan Map recipes section!