Healthier French Toast Breakfast Casserole
January 14, 2019
Share this post:
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 75 minutes
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup egg whites, large
- 12 fluid ounces fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut bread into cubes. Place in an even layer on the bottom of prepared pan.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a medium; pour over bread.
- Dot with softened butter and set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- If the center is too soft, cook for a bit longer and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Find this recipe and many more in your Meal Plan Map recipes section!