Scrumptious Salmon Cakes
November 14, 2018
Share this post:
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 ounces canned unsalted salmon in water
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, medium
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 whole wheat crackers
- 1 tablespoon liquid-egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, ground
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 medium baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon vinegar & oil homemade salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon unsalted dry roasted hulled sunflower seeds
- Use canned salmon, salmon in a pouch, or leftover cooked salmon.
- Wash and finely chop green onion and bell pepper.
- In a medium bowl, gently flake salmon.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of the sour cream, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Place 4 crackers in a food processor or blender and pulse to make crumbs.
- Add cracker crumbs and egg substitute to salmon mixture, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Divide and form mixture into 2 small balls, then flatten into cakes approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Sauté cakes over medium-high heat in a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray until golden brown on both sides.
- For lemon-herb sauce, mix together remaining 1 tablespoon of sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and thyme; drizzle over salmon cakes.
- For spinach salad, wash and trim spinach; chop carrots. Top spinach and carrots with any remaining chopped bell pepper; toss with dressing and sunflower seeds.
- Serve salmon cakes with lemon-herb sauce, spinach salad, and remaining crackers.